How We Define Our Advocacy Work
Advocacy is defined as any action that speaks in favor of, recommends, argues for a cause, supports or defends, or pleads on behalf of others.
Our Advocacy Work Outcomes
- Led efforts to secure positions for 12 professionals to serve in key governmental decision making roles.
- Was effective in identifying and assisting candidates to navigate the judicial appointments processes for Municipal and Circuit Courts
- Partnered with neighborhood clean-up programs in communities throughout the Central City
- Launched and maintained several effective prison release programs and sponsored a Mini Summit on the topic
- Convened key leaders to partnerships for economic development
- Advocated funding for Center City charitable and social service organizations
- Sponsored a “March and Rally for Peace
Partnered with various organizations such as SCLC, Urban League, Committee to Abolish Poverty, MORE2, Black and Brown Coalition, Baptist Ministers Union and a number of other non-profit organizations to:
- Successfully develop a citywide “One City” campaign to approve a 1/8 Cents Sales Tax for community economic development for Central City neighborhoods centered along Prospect Avenue to the east and west from 9th Street to Gregory Blvd. - 2017
- Successfully created a campaign for the “KCFor$15” minimum wage -2017